Linear Perspective AssignmentCREATE A DOCUMENT IN YOUR VA&T folder, On your DRIVE.
Copy these questions into a document on your DRIVE and use the links provided, or your own to find the answers.
Name your file 'your name, Perspective Webquest'.
Use these links to learn about linear perspective:
Answer the following questions using complete sentences:
1. Who was the first artist to write down the rules and principles of linear perspective?
2. Where did linear perspective originate? (city and country)
3. Which art era did the artists study the model of nature and focus on creating realistic artworks?
4. Find the definitions for these 10 terms:
Heres a good link, but it doesnt have ALL the vocab on it: www.artlex.com
- linear perspective
- horizon line
- vanishing point
- vertical line
- horizontal line
- converging/orthogonal line
- one-point perspective
- two-point perspective
- three-point perspective
- multi-point perspective
5. What is Linear perspective?
6. When and where was Linear Perspective developed?
7. Who was the first person to write down the rules of Linear Perspective?
8. Which Renaissance artists incorporated Linear Perspective into their work?
9. Which culture(s) influenced the Italians and other Europeans in mathematics during the Renaissance?
10. Which branch of mathematics did the Italians and Europeans adopt during the Renaissance?
11. Mathematics was developed along-side which other skill during the Renaissance?
12. Compound interest was developed during the Renaissance. What is the formula for compound interest? What does each of the variables in the formula stand for?
13. What is the formula for compound interest used for? Give a real world example.
14. Trigonometry was developed during the Renaissance to aid in which field?
If you do not finish during this period, we will be meeting again to finish and go over your answers.
More Links about Linear Perspective: