WILLIAM H. ROSS SCHOOL
RULES AND ROUTINESDress Code
The standard for all clothing worn to school is modesty and self-respect. Research has found that children behave according to the clothing they are wearing. All of the district’s schools are 100% air conditioned, so our comfort is assured. Please follow the following guidelines:
In the event of improper attire, the parent will be called to bring in appropriate clothing for the child.Bathroom Rules
- No tee shirts with inappropriate pictures or messages.
- No hats worn inside.
- No clogs or sandals on gym days.
- No flip flops at any time.
- No roller sneakers or roller blades
- Speak in a whisper.
- Wash your hands.
- Return to class promptly.
- Sit flat--keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Clap correctly at the right time.
- Listen quietly.
- Use an inside voice.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Raise your hand to speak or leave your seat.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Fill in every seat.
- Raise your hand if you need help.
- Talk quietly to people next to you.
- Your table will be called for trash and line-up.
- You may not go back to your classroom without teacher permission.
- Respect people and property.
- Play fairly
- Stay in the playground at all times.
Fire Drill Routines
- Walk to the playground.
- Return equipment to “the bag.”
- Line up quickly when called.
Classroom Arrival and Dismissal Routines
- No talking during a fire drill.
- Walk, single file, to appointed outside location.
- All must listen for instructions.
Children should arrive between 8:15AM and 8:25AM.
MORNING DROP OFF and AFTERNOON PICK UP LOCATIONS:
- Kindergarten - DOOR # 2 (Haverford Ave near Monmouth)
- Gr. 1 – DOOR # 1 (Front entrance)
- Gr. 2 – DOOR # 10 (Playground)
- Gr. 3 - DOOR # 3 (Granville Ave near Monmouth)
- Gr. 4 – DOOR # 6 (Granville Ave closer to Winchester)
Multiple siblings exit with the youngest child
Parents are required to notify their child’s teacher if he/she is a “walker.”
Teachers will dismiss to a waiting adult. If there is no one in the yard to pick you up, you must wait at the bench outside of the main office. After 12:30 PM you will be sent to Lucky Kids to wait. The first day is free. Subsequent unnannounced visits to Lucky Kids will cost a daily fee of $20.