Margate City School District Assessment Information
State Assessment Information
- New Jersey Student Learning Assessment
- The Federal government requires testing data for accountability purposes under the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- NJSLA (formerly PARCC) Math and ELA Testing for grades 3-8 will be administered in the Spring 2024(testing window TBD). Specific testing dates within that window will be determined in the winter. Information will be regularly updated on this webpage and in your principal newsletters.
- NJSLA-Science for grades 5 and 8 date will be administered on two dates within that same window (TBD).
- State mandated assessments are administered in accordance with state guidelines providing for all student needs as indicated in an individual’s IEP or 504 plan. Click here for more information regarding accessibility options for the NJSLA.
- For more information regarding the NJSLA assessment, including sample questions and a guide to reading score reports, please see Parent Resources for NJSLA.
- Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM)
- Alternate assessment for students with the most significant intellectual disabilities in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science
- DLM Accessibility Manual 2023-2024
- ACCESS and Alternate ACCESS for English Language Learners
District Level Standardized Assessments
- LinkIt benchmarking Assessments
- Administered to students in grades 2 through 8 in the Fall, Winter, and Spring
- LinkIt is an online assessment tool for ELA and Math used as to monitor student progress towards mastery of the grade level NJSLS for Mathematics.
- InView Cognitive Assessment
- Administered to students in grades 2 and 5 early March
- Group based academic ability profile
- Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test (IAAT)
- Administered in grades 5-6 early June
- Results used to determine student readiness for the rigors of the Advanced Math course pathway to Algebra
- SAGES III
- Part of the screening procedures for the identification of gifted children.