Curriculum Review Cycle
The Margate City School District engages in a regular curriculum review and revision cycle to update and align each curricular area with updated standards released by the State of New Jersey Department of Education.
On June 3, 2020, the State Board of Education adopted the 2020 NJSLS in the following content areas:
- Career Readiness, Life Literacies, and Key Skills
- Comprehensive Health and Physical Education
- Computer Science and Design Thinking
- Social Studies;
- Visual and Performing Arts
- and World Languages
The district will continue to review and revise curriculum to meet State guidelines for implementation deadline of September 2022 for each standard set.
*The World Language curriculum has been updated and is currently being implemented for the 2020-2021 school year.
To meet the NJDOE implementation schedule, the district curriculum review and revision cycle is as follows:
Newly Adopted Curricula (August 2021)
Revision in Process (September 2021)
School Year 2021-2022
- Comprehensive Health and Physical Education K-8 (Standard 2)
- Social Studies K-8 (Standard 6)
- Computer Science and Design Thinking 5-8 (Standard 8)
School Year 2022-2023
- Mathematics K-8 (Math standards)
School Year 2023-2024
- English Language Arts K-8 (ELA standards)